By Tunde Ososanya
Many people are familiar with some African currencies, but not everyone knows the worth of these notes. On the basis of this, Legit.ng brings you the top 7 countries with the most valuable currency in Africa.
Below is the list of the top 10 countries with the most valuable currencies in Africa. Legit.ng compiled a list of top 7 most valuable countries in Africa.
Photo credit: @Bigmozel Source: Twitter
1. Libyan Dinar Libyan Dinar is the most valuable currency in Africa. 1. Libyan Dinar (1 USD – 1.43 LYD).
2. Tunisian Dinar This is the second most valuable currency the continent of Africa has produced. Tunisian Dinar (1USD – 2.90 TND). Libya is a country in North Africa.
3. Ghanaian Cedi (1USD – 5.75 CEDI) Ghana is a country that has consistently worked on its currency to give it enough value. The Ghanaian Cedi (1USD – 5.75 CEDI
4. Moroccan Dirham Moroccan Dirham is trailing Ghanaian Cedi. (1 USD – 9.87 Mad). Morocco can be found in North Africa.
5. Botswana Pula Botswana has the fifth most valuable currency in Africa. (1 USD – 11.86 Pula). The country, which is in Southern Africa, has a population of 2.3 million people, according to its 2019 census.
6. Eritrean Nafka Eritrean Nafka is the sixth most valuable currency in Africa. (1 USD – 15.00 ERN).
7. Egyptian Pounds The Egyptian Pounds comes seventh in the list of top 7 countries with the most valuable currencies. (1 USD – 15.75 EGP).